Welcome to the website for Peterson, Davie: Computer Networks: A Systems Approach, 5th Edition.
This site contains supplemental materials and other resources to accompany Computer Networks: A Systems Approach 5e. Below are descriptions of the content available on this site. To access the content, please click the tabs in the navigation bar to the left.
- Network Simulation Lab Manual. Prepared by Professor Emad Aboelela of the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, the experiments in this downloadable lab manual are closely tied to the organization of Computer Networks: A Systems Approach, Fifth Edition.
- Lecture Slides. Lecture slides in PowerPoint (PPT) format are provided. Two versions are included: A “bottom-up” presentation that follows the organization and structure of the text, as well as a “top-down” version which provides an alternate pathway and content ordering for those instructors who may prefer this approach.
- Figures from the Text. All figures from the text are available for download in PowerPoint (PPT), Acrobat (PDF), and Encapsulated Postscript (EPS) formats.
- Sample chapters. The full Table of Contents, Preface, and Chapter 3 are available for download and review.
- Links to related resources on the Web. Links to related resources are available here. This section will be expanded on an ongoing basis. If you would like to include links to related materials that you’ve created for your own course, please contact Nate McFadden (email@example.com).
- Glossary Flashcards. Every key term introduced in the main text is included in this applet, which provides both the term and its definition in a flashcard format.
- Learning Assessment. Designed to help you test your comprehension of the material, this learning assessment applet provides instant feedback for selected problems and exercises taken from the main text.
- Solutions to Selected Exercises (PDF). Solutions to exercises marked with a √ in the main text.(Note that these solutions are also available in an appendix in the printed text.)
- Instructor-only Materials. Solutions to all exercises and labs are available to instructors who register at [http://textbooks.elsevier.com/9780123850591].