Welcome to the website for Schlesinger, W: Biogeochemistry: An Analysis of Global Change, 3rd Editionrd Edition.
Biogeochemistry: An Analysis of Global Change, Third Edition is the highly-anticipated update to one of Academic Press’ best-selling earth and environmental science textbooks. This book examines the effects of human activities on the chemistry of the Earth, including climate change, nitrogen pollution, and ocean acidification. It shows how current technology can help extrapolate the results of small-scale field studies to the global level.
- Easy readability, making a seemingly difficult subject fun and compelling
- Cohesive, comprehensive, and interdisciplinary approach
- Timely topics including the role of biogeochemistry in climate change research
- Synthesis of the current literature on the Earth’s biogeochemistry
New to this edition:
- Revised content and new figures and tables reflect the vast growth of this scientific field over the past decade
- End-of-chapter problem sets reinforce learning
- Color figures include numerous maps of global biogeochemical phenomena
- Addition of a substantial number of citations of material published since the last edition (more than 4,500 total), including many added as the book was going to press
- Companion website includes web links, recommended reading, and images from the book