Welcome to the website for Paleoclimatology: Reconstructing Climates of the Quaternary, Third Edition
About this Site
Paleoclimatology: Reconstructing Climates of the Quaternary, Third Edition provides a comprehensive overview of the methods of paleoclimatic reconstruction and of the historical changes in climate during the past three million years. This thoroughly updated and revised text systematically examines each type of proxy and elucidates the major attributes and the limitations of each. This essential text provides a complete overview of the methods used in paleoclimatology. Paleoclimatology, Third Edition provides necessary context for those interested in understanding climate changes at present, and how present trends in climate compare with changes that have occurred in the past. The text is richly illustrated and includes an extensive bibliography for further research.
New to this Edition
- New sections on speleothems, loess, and lake sediments
- Fully revised chapters on ice cores, marine sediments, pollen analysis, dendroclimatology, and historical records
- Extensive revisions to chapters on dating methods and climate forcing
- More than 1000 new references
- More than 150 new figures
Click on the links at left for additional resources.