Welcome to the website for Chabay, I.; Frick, M.; and Helgeson, J.:Land Restoration: Reclaiming Landscapes for a Sustainable Future.
The book provides a holistic overview of land degradation and restoration in that it addresses the issue of land restoration from the scientific and practical development points of view. Furthermore, the breadth of chapter topics and contributors cover the topic and a wealth of connected issues, such as security, development, and environmental issues. The use of graphics and extensive references to case studies also make the work accessible and encourage it to be used for reference, but also in active field-work planning.
Land Restoration: Reclaiming Landscapes for a Sustainable Future brings together practitioners from NGOs, academia, governments, and the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) to exchange lessons to enrich the academic understanding of these issues and the solution sets available.
- Provides accessible information about the science behind land degradation and restoration for those who do not directly engage with the science allowing full access to the issue at hand.
- Includes practical on-the-ground examples garnered from diverse areas, such as the Sahel, Southeast Asia, and the U.S.A.
- Provides practical tools for designing and implementing restoration/re-greening processes.
This site provides:
- Additional case studies related to Chapter 8.5 – Sharing Knowledge to Spread Sustainable Land Management (SLM) by Rima Mekdaschi Studer, Isabelle Providoli, and Hanspeter Liniger.
- Contact information for Initiatives for Lands, Lives, Peace, which serves to bring together practitioners in the areas of land restoration and security.
- Contact information for the editors of Land Restoration: Reclaiming Landscapes for a Sustainable Future.