Welcome to the Companion Site for Patterson, Hennessy: Computer Organization and Design: The Hardware/Software Interface, 5th Edition.
This site contains supplemental materials and other resources to accompany Computer Organization and Design: The Hardware/Software Interface 5e. Below are descriptions of the content available on this site. To access the content, please click the tabs in the navigation bar to the left.
- Supplements for the Fourth Edition. If you are still using the Fourth Edition, you can access the supplements for that title by following these links.
- Historical Perspectives with References. For each chapter in the text, there is a section devoted to a historical perspective, together with references.
- Advanced Content. These are full-length sections covering advanced topics. These sections are introduced in each chapter of the text and can be found here.
- References Appendices. These appendices are available in PDF and include:
- Appendix C: Graphics and Computing GPUs
- Appendix D: Mapping Control to Hardware
- Appendix E: A Survey of RISC Architectures for Desktop, Server, and Embedded Computers
- Glossary. Terms that are introduced and defined in the text are collected in this searchable PDF document.
- Index. A complete index of the text and online content, in a searchable PDF format.
- Further Reading. References are organized by the chapter they support in this PDF document.
- Link to the instructor-only materials. The instructor-only materials, including solutions to all exercises, figures from the text, and lecture slides are available to instructors who register at our textbook Web site.