Welcome to the website for Dumas, Loring: Moderating Usability Tests: Principles and Practices for Interacting.
Moderating Usability Tests
About This Companion Site
This companion site features a number of short role-playing videos that accompany Moderating Usability Tests.The videos were filmed in the Bentley College Design and Usability Center laboratory, and were carefully scripted to illustrate the points made in the book. Some of the clips show both good and not-so-good moderating practices.
Chapter 11 provides a key to the videos and suggests how to get the most value from them.
In addition to the role-playing videos, the authors filmed a discussion by a panel of usability experts. The experts give their opinions about what they see in the videos and discuss the trade-offs that you might consider in each situation.
- Video 1: Pre-test briefing with a checklist
- Video 2: Pre-test briefing following a script
- Video 3: Interacting during the session (1)
- Video 4: Interacting during the session (2)
- Video 5: Interacting in a remote testing session
- Video 6: Post-test interview
Discussion Panel Videos
- Introduction to the authors and the expert panel
- Expert panel's reaction to the pre-test briefing videos
- Expert panel's reaction to the interacting during the session (1)
- Expert panel's reaction to the interacting during the session (2)
- Expert panel's reaction to the remote testing session video
- Expert panel's reaction to the post-test video
Chapter 5_Understanding Your Particpation in this Study
Checklist for Pretest Briefing
Self-Administered Questionnaire Example
Post-Session Interview Example
Chapter 8 Understanding Your Participation in this Study
Electronic Consent Agreement
Information provided in this document is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. Every effort has been made to ensure accuracy and conformance to standards accepted at the time of publication. The reader is advised to research other sources of information on these topics.
The user assumes the entire risk as to the accuracy and the use of this document. This document may be copied and distributed subject to the following conditions:
All text must be copied without modification and all pages must be included;
All copies must contain the appropriate copyright notice and any other notices provided therein; and
This document may not be distributed for profit.