Welcome to the website for Herlihy, Shavit: The Art of Multiprocessor Programming, Revised Reprint.
The Art of Multiprocessor Programming
About This Companion Site
The site includes:
- Teaching Suggestions (PDF)
- Lecture Slides (PPT)
- Example Programs (ZIP, one for each chapter)
- Link to Google Discussion Group
Suggested Ways to Teach Using this Book
- Suggested-ways-to-teach-artof (11KB Adobe Acrobat file)
- README (0KB Text File)
- Chapter 02 (19KB Zip File)
- Chapter 04 (28KB Zip File)
- Chapter 07 (29KB Zip File)
- Chapter 08 (20KB Zip File)
- Chapter 09 (19KB Zip File)
- Chapter 10 (31KB Zip File)
- Chapter 12 (17KB Zip File)
- Chapter 13 (34KB Zip File)
- Chapter 14 (29KB Zip File)
- Chapter 15 (25KB Zip File)
- Chapter 16 (29KB Zip File)
- Chapter 17 (25KB Zip File)
- Chapter 18 (75KB Zip File)
- Appendix 01 (25KB Zip File)
- Appendix 02 (4KB Zip File)
If you have corrections or errata you want to submit, you may email
Please include the chapter and page number with your submissions.
Information provided in this document is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. Every effort has been made to ensure accuracy and conformance to standards accepted at the time of publication. The reader is advised to research other sources of information on these topics.
The user assumes the entire risk as to the accuracy and the use of this document. This document may be copied and distributed subject to the following conditions:
All text must be copied without modification and all pages must be included;
All copies must contain the appropriate copyright notice and any other notices provided therein; and
This document may not be distributed for profit.